Ovarian Cancer Links
- FORCE: Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered: www.facingourrisk.org
- 954-255-8732 or 866-288-RISK
This is a national organization whose mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
- National Cancer Institute at the National Institutes of Health: http://www.cancer.gov/types/ovarian (in English); http://www.cancer.gov/espanol/tipos/ovario (in Spanish)
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists: http://www.sgo.org
The SGO’s purpose is to improve the care of women with gynecologic cancers and to raise the standards of practice in the treatment and prevention of gynecologic malignancies.
- Foundation for Women's Cancer: http://www.foundationforwomenscancer.org/
The FWC is a non-profit organization established by the SGO to support ovarian cancer research, training of cancer specialists in laboratory research, and programs for patient education and public awareness of gynecologic cancers. The FWC sponsors the Women’s Cancer Network (www.wcn.org) for information on gynecologic cancers.
- Conversations: The International Newsletter for Those Fighting Ovarian Cancer: http://www.ovarian-news.org
A monthly newsletter with reports on treatment options, coping skills, clinical trials, etc. It is upbeat and contains humor with input from survivors. Subscriptions may be sent electronically or mailed.
- Ovarian Cancer National Alliance: http://www.ovariancancer.org
The Alliance works to increase public and professional understanding of ovarian cancer and to advocate for more effective diagnostics, treatments, and cure. An excellent website for the newly diagnosed.
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition: http://www.ovarian.org
Their mission is to raise awareness about ovarian cancer to promote early detection and education about the disease. They offer a toll-free helpline.
- Gilda Radner Familial Ovarian Cancer Registry: http://www.ovariancancer.com
This is a registry to track families with a history of ovarian cancer. They have a help-line, education, information , and peer support for women with high risk (family history) of ovarian cancer.
- The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, Inc.: http://www.ocrf.org
This is an organization dedicated to the formulation of early diagnostic treatment programs and research. They seek to help patients understand the disease and its treatment.
- Share: Self-help for Women with Breast or Ovarian Cancer: http://www.sharecancersupport.org
SHARE provides information hotlines for breast and ovarian cancer in English and Spanish.
- Society of Gynecologic Nurse Oncologists: http://www.sgno.org
The SGNO is dedicated to the advancement of patient care, education, and research.
- National Resource List: Ovarian Cancer National Resource List
- A wonderful list compiled by the Gynecological Cancer Foundation containing many types of resources for ovarian cancer patients. This list can be printed or ordered from the GCF on their website.
- What You Need to Know about Ovarian Cancer
- This is a booklet from the National Cancer Institute which answers questions about symptoms, diagnosis, staging, and treatment of ovarian cancer. What You Need to Know about Ovarian Cancer can be viewed online or you can order free copies by calling 1-800-422-6237 (1-800-4-CANCER).
- Sharsharet: http://www.sharsheret.org/
- Sharsheret is an organization which provides support to Jewish women with ovarian and breast cancer.